Shine

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

This new chapter of my life is tough.
Still feeling the mama blues of missing my favorite boy.
After a little trial and error, he is finding his way.
Had his car towed this past weekend. 
Books arrived just the day before he needed them.
He is being as patient as possible with mama text.
And seems to be adjusting pretty darn well. 
I always thought as my kids got older that I would worry less.
Not the case.
I'm just trying to give it to God.
To believe that this is where God wants him.
Even if it is 4 hours away.
I took a long walk around my yard this past weekend.
In talking with God I noticed the sun shining in every possible inch of my yard.
A sign?
That Robert is going to shine?
I think so.







Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee.
Isaiah 60:1

4 comments :

  1. It was very difficult the first time my eldest left. I lost it a lot mostly while he was preparing to leave but everyone told me it gets better and it does especially after the winter break and they come home and you take the emotional, physical and psychological inventory. I remember for both my guys going back after the holidays was a little tough. They get back into the family and friends fold so easily. I don't text but my guys do call every Sunday. For me this has been enough and for them, I think it gives them independence. They know we're here if they need something. :) My GF, who also has a son, have talked about mom texting vs. dad texting. We think they are received differently. Also remembering my own college experience, I called once a week and I thought that was plenty. lol! You'll find your balance with conflicting emotions, which are completely natural, and they'll even out. I promise! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sheri,
    Thanks for stopping by my blog! It's been great reading through your posts. I'll be facing this in a few years myself so I think I'll learn through you. And your photography is so pretty!
    God Bless,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you Sher........you are the light in that home. ox

    ReplyDelete

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs