The Season of Lent

Monday, February 11, 2013

The Season of Lent is Here

"Lent is a retreat that the Church gives us in order to re-focus on what should be first in our lives. The purpose of Jesus' life was to glorify the Father and save the world. ..Lent is not first a time of giving up but a time to re-choose to be the victim of Christ, the Lamb. It is a time to live the Beatitudes.”

I have a list of things in my head to give up
A list of things "to do"
A list of new habits to form

Last year I jumped on the bandwagon of 
"40 bags in 40 days"
And I loved it

I'm definitely doing it again

Going through the house, cars and garage,
room by room
car by car
and donating excess to the needy

I also saw on a blog and I can't even remember which one
fill a zip lock baggie full of trial size products
and give to the homeless on the streets
soap, tooth brush, tooth paste, deodorant, etc.
I'm going to make lots of bags and distribute as I see people that need them



Blessing to all my blogger friends.

xo

1 comment :

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs