Trying to keep Weight Watchers tasty

Monday, May 6, 2013




In an effort to keep weight watchers tasty,
I tweaked an old recipe that was totally 
not weight watchers

1 small package turkey sausage
1/2 box of bow tie pasta
1 can crushed tomatoes
1 can low sodium corn
1 can black beans (drained and rinsed)
1 can low sodium chicken broth 
salt, pepper, red pepper, garlic

I boiled the pasta - drained most of the water
add all other ingredients

Bake the turkey sausage in the oven - I removed the casing from the links and cut into small pieces before baking - when it finished baking I rinsed under water to remove all possible fat.

Add the sausage to the soup and simmer
 for about 30 minutes 
after it all simmered together I added 1/2 container (small) of fat free sour cream - it will melt immediately and thicken the soup. 

If I figured right, there are 8 weight watchers points in a cup - add a toss salad and I was full !

Hope you like it as much as I did.

1 comment :

  1. Hi Sheri! This recipe looks so good!! Its definitely one I'm going to have to try. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs